Thursday, May 26, 2011

Christmas in May

The girls and I arrived home recently to find a very large box on the front steps, and for once I had no idea what the package might be. I say "for once" because I have developed a rather "healthy" online shopping habit lately, seeking out bargains on clothes for the girls. On this occasion, however, I was certain I wasn't expecting any purchases- and certainly none that would require such a large box. After hauling it inside amidst lots of excitement, the girls and I opened it to find no less than a Christmas' worth of toys sent to us from Lucas' cousin who works in the toy industry. I had completely forgotten that he had asked for our address a few weeks before!  There were Barbies and My Little Ponies, bubble makers, a singing Little Mermaid, walkie-talkies, the latest Crayola color wonder tablet (complete with sounds!) and several other toys that sent my girls into the toy equivalent of a sugar high. We did our best to space the opening of the toys over the next several days and had lots of fun doing so. I'm not sure what made Cousin Jim think of us at that particular time or think of us at all, but we are very happy he did!

Emma's first Barbie!

Papa happened to stop by soon after the box arrived and was able to help me open some of the toys.

Two very happy girls :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment