Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sisters

The weather has changed, and we are in one of the two best months Louisiana has to offer (the other being April), so we are trying to make the most of it with lots of time outside. Yesterday, after picking the girls up from school, I threw the French doors to our backyard wide open, served snacks on the patio and enjoyed one of those afternoons I hope I'll remeber for a very long time watching the girls play together. Of course, being super silly is the name of the game these days, so one of the preferred activities was running through the grass, falling down, and then shouting "oh man!". Whichever girl was not busy falling was busy laughing! They took turns playing this game until they had found just about every corner of the yard to fall on and then moved on to other games, always together and always making me think how lucky they are to have one another. At one point they ran towards each other, almost knocking each other over when they hugged and kissed. Emma said, "Mommy, my sister is very, very nice," and I couldn't help but agree :-) Just like I hope I never forget such heart-warming memories, I hope my girlies never forget how much they love and care for each other!
I didn't take any pictures yesterday, but I just love this picture of the girls. It was taken by my brother (who could start his own photography business!) in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment